Community Rental - Terms & Conditions
Community Rental Terms & Conditions
- The minimum rental period is two (2) weeks. Once the two-week rental period is complete, monthly rates will apply. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, equipment is rented on the basis of a calendar month commencing from the date of delivery and concluding on the date the returned equipment is received by Novis.
- Customer shall pay the monthly rental fee in advance and prior to shipment of equipment. Subsequent invoices will be issued monthly, in advance, and payable within seven (7) days. Any equipment not returned by the monthly anniversary shall incur another month’s rental fee, and such shall continue to occur on the monthly anniversary until the equipment is returned. The cost of recovering any default payments will be met by the customer. For equipment returned at the end of two (2) weeks, the customer will receive a credit for used portion of the month.
- Customer agrees with Novis that:
- The equipment shall remain the property of Novis
- The customer shall not sell, lend, pledge, assign, mortgage, transfer or otherwise trade the equipment without the written consent of Novis.
- The customer shall keep the equipment at the address listed on the rental agreement unless they obtain the prior written consent of Novis.
- The customer shall use the equipment in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- The customer will keep the equipment in good working condition during the term of the rental period and will return the equipment in such condition (with the exception of acceptable wear and tear).
- Contact Novis in the event of product fault of other issue. Novis will arrange for the product to be serviced and an immediate replacement product to be provided (depending on availability).
- The customer shall not authorise any third party to repair or service the equipment without the written consent of Novis.
- Equipment must be returned in the original box and bag used for packaging otherwise a replacement fee will be charged.
- In the event the equipment (or any component) is damaged or lost during the rental period, the customer will be invoiced for rectification costs.
- In the event the equipment returned to Novis is unduly unclean or soiled, Novis reserves the right to charge a cleaning fee
- Novis warrants that each item of equipment rented is of reasonable quality and fit for the purpose for which it was designed.
- The rental agreement shall be terminated and Novis will be entitled to the immediate return of the equipment should any of the following occur:
- The customer defaults on payment by the due date, including any fees or expenses outstanding
- The customer breaches any of the terms of this rental agreement
- The customer does anything to endanger the safekeeping or condition of the equipment
- An order is made for the seizure of assets of the customer, or the customer enters into any composition or arrangement with creditors
- If a customer chooses to provide Novis with credit card details for the purposes of paying for the equipment, Novis may:
- Charge all fees to the customer’s credit card on a monthly basis from the rental commencement date
- Disclose the customer’s credit card details to, and obtain information from, any financial institution or credit card issuer to verify the credit card details
- Take steps to verify there is sufficient credit on the customer’s account to pay for the contracted rental equipment
- Charge all rectification costs should the equipment be returned damaged.
- This rental agreement does not exclude or limit in anyway the benefit to the customer of such conditions, warranties and other rights as implied by law, however Novis limits its liability wherever permitted to the maximum possible under the law.
- The customer shall keep Novis indemnified against loss or damage which may arise in respect of the equipment or from possession or use of the equipment by the customer or any other person in any manner whatsoever during the rental period, until the equipment is returned.
- In the event the customer seeks to purchase the equipment, the equipment remains the property of Novis until all payment by way of rental and purchase price has been received in full by Novis.