Air Comfort Chairs
Air Comfort bed chairs: for the ultimate in pressure management and the comfort of floating on air...
For long term sitting and lying, Air Comfort offers a range of pressure reducing day beds designed specifically for patients with existing pressure injuries or for those at risk. These bed chairs provide a workstation for the care of dependent patients yet are highly manoeuvrable and easy to operate, clean, and maintain.
Unlike other products in the market, Air Comfort products offer a total surface air pressure system. Their patented four-bladder system ensures there are no gaps in the seating surface for unrivalled pressure care relief for long-term sitting.
Air Comfort's origins date back to 1998, when trading as Airgonomic Seating Systems, they became a market leader in specialist seating for the healthcare industry. Innovation and development resulted in the business producing a range of pressure reducing seating products branded Air Comfort.
The patented Air Comfort Seating System™ was designed and developed to aid in the treatment and prevention of pressure problems related to long-term seating.
Utilising pressure-less, air-filled, high frequency welded PVC bags, Air Comfort products work to evenly distribute the patient’s weight, thereby ensuring there are no main pressure points that can restrict circulation. Air Comfort products have been proven to dramatically aid in the management and elimination of pressure injuries.
All Air Comfort products are precisely manufactured using the finest quality materials with the highest standard of workmanship. This workmanship is backed by local service and spare parts. The upholstery is a Polyurethane coated fabric; a thermoplastic which is laminated to a knitted backing and has significant advantages over the traditional vinyls often used in these applications.
Significant consideration was also given during development to the nurses and medical staff ultimately responsible for patient handling and maintenance – and these products are renown for their ease of use and simplicity of operation.
A range of custom accessories are also available for optimal versatility, including meal trays and footrests for each model chair. Heavy-duty incontinence covers are also available as well as seat belt’s for added security.
- pressureless, air-filled, high frequency welded PVC bags for a total surface air pressure system with no gaps in the seating surface
- low density cushioning foam between the cover and air bladders from headrest to the end of leg rest
- adjustable seat, back and leg rest with infinite locking gas struts (lock anywhere in range of movement)
- adjustable and removable headrest
- 150 mm swivel locking castors (three standard and one-directional)
- durable steel frame (rustproof)
- machine washable and easily replaceable cover
- fully adjustable wings and drop-down arms (some models)
- cover fabric – Carrflex, super bi-elastic, three-way stretch, bacteria and mite resistant, water vapour permeable, washable to 60ºC
- large range of custom accessories
- proven pressure relief for long-term seating
- variety of seating and sleeping positions
- easy side patient transfer
- simple operation and maneuverability for staff and carers
- easy to clean, repair and maintain